Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Learning Savage Blade

Word on my swordsmanship have reached far that I received and invitation to the Kingdom of San d'Oria. Curilla of the Temple Knights heard about my adventures and decided I was worthy of a new technique. She said to me: "Adventurer Coldwind, your reputation precedes you. Word is that you have done great things lately and you seem like and honorable person, for that we think that you are worthy to train on an ancient sword technique. First take this enchanted sword and use it when you are adventuring, the special enchantment will tell us if you are ready for the next task." I took the sword with great determination and trained day and night, fighting beastmen and dragons to prove that I was ready.
Went back to Curilla after weeks of all that adventuring and gave her the enchanted sword. She knew right away that I met the requirements and gave me a second task right away. I was to recover the map of the annals of truth hidden somewhere at the Quicksand Caves. I found Jeangallo there that was doing the same thing as I and decided to team up and finish with all this together. We knew this task wasn't going to be easy so we ask for help from the Linkshell. We went deep into the caves and managed to find the area where the map was hidden, when I was going to pick up the map we felt a rumble in the cave. The sand began shifting and from underneath a scorpion came and attacked us. But we didn't panic and did a great job defeating it.Jeangallo and I went back to Curilla and gave her the map. She rewarded us with an old piece of parchment, told us to study what was written inside.Took me a while to read that and understand it all but soon I was doing the attack on poor spiders at the desert with Jeangallo. Thanks to everyone that helped me on doing this quest, I'm having a ton of fun jumping and slashing when I do Savage Blade.