Saturday, September 22, 2007

The journey of rebirth

There is a time when Galkas has to return to the place where he was born. Galkas are immortal but that doesn't mean our journey through life doesn't end at some point. My time in Vana'diel has come to an end, I'll go in my journey of rebirth and I can't say how long I'll be gone, or if some day I'll come back. One thing is for sure I enjoyed every single day, hour and minute I was in this world. A world where I met great friends, friends which made my stay more enjoyable. I make this entry so that if my memory gets wiped clean, somehow I get my hands on this journal, read the writing, look at the pictures and remember what I did and with who I was at the time, because I don't want to forget.

I remember how I wanted to be a dragoon, because like so many people I thought having a wyvern as a pet was cool. I had a lot of fun, I had a lot of free time on my hands too waiting in the dunes getting a nice tan.


I remember doing mission 2-3 with some members of the Radical Dreamers, Houzukimaru, Hyorin, Yukimu, I was impressed by the Shadow dragon at the time.

Getting help from Flotsam on mission 3-3, here is Flotsam fighting the three stooges. The poor taru got knockdown on my account, but still got the job done.


Meeting Hiroishi in north Gustaberg after been banished from San d'Oria, good thing for him because that place is terrible. He started as a Warrior but soon learned the way of the Samurai, his Elvaan ego increased ten fold afterwards.


Doing silly stuff in unexpected places like the time we spent in Korroloka tunnel just killing stuff because we could, I never forgot that day.

Becoming a Paladin to help others in everything I could.

Went to some nice places like the waterfall in Miseraux coast.

And did some cool mission like the last Bastok mission with the group you see here.

Reached the skies with a bunch of MoogleArmy members.

Got attacked by nasty creatures too.


The last thing I did was joining a party as a Beastmaster and have fun with my sheep and reach the level I could wear my last piece of artifact armor.

Just want to say to all the people that knew me.... Thank you. Thank you for been there in good and bad times. Thank you to the MoogleArmy linkshell for letting me be a part of it. And forgive me for my abrupt departure. God speed and god bless, hope to see you soon one day....


8 comments:

Kyssandra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kyssandra said...

Cold :(

When Ron first told me you wanted to leave I wasn't sure it was true, I was hoping it wasn't. Your status in MoogleArmy, among everyone is iconic. You're easily one of the best members of the shell, so helpful and friendly. You're loved by everyone here and will continue to be remembered long after you're gone. MoogleArmy won't be the same without you, I can speak for everyone when I say that.


I'm gonna miss you, we all will. Don't ever stop being you, cold!

Katsumoto said...

Awesome last post cold, its cool to see your FFXI adventure laid out. good luck

Omael said...

When it's time to go, it's time to go. Good luck with whatever you decide to do Cold. Kyss is wrong though, you weren't one of the best ls members. You were THE best.

Coldwind said...

Thank you for all those post of love from all of you, take it as an very extended leave. I think I need a break from the game, i haven't dropped my gear or anything just in case, you will never know. I'll keep in touch for sure and I hope to come back some day.

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear you are leaving cold you exp whore ;)
Didn't really get to know you as well as the rest of the linkshell (timezones.. how fun they are).
But of the times when I was in the linkshell with you, I could see you were a big inspiration to many members,a good friend to many, and a great personality ^.^
Have a good time in the big RL cold, catch you later <3

Dozer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jetsam said...

Hey Cold, I don't know if you saw me say 'Bye' on the MA forums. Kyss got mad at Flotsam and removed my access as well - typical Kyss - punish me for someone else's actions AGAIN.

It was always good playing with you in FFXI! I miss the game and hanging out. Take care and good luck in all you do in life!