Saturday, December 23, 2006

All by myself

Roccoj our static Whitemage has been very busy because of the holiday so our static is on hold at the moment. That doesn't mean I've done nothing, between harvesting, killing jellys and questing must do anything to keep me occupied. On my quest for Bastok fame I took a request from Marin to watch over her little brother while he does an exam in Dangruf Wadi. I said to myself "How hard can it be" and accepted.
Turns out this Ken guy is a brat, doesn't want any help at all, goes on a wild rampage killing everything insight and when I go sneaking up curing him behind his back and he see me everytime. Frustration level rising with each attempt over and over till !!! my galka brain suggest maybe if you clear the zone so there are no monsters he wont gets distracted from his mission you'll have better chances on finishing this.
I gather the mob in a single spot and do a Cyclone and the bodies start piling up and it helped a little, but as you expected monsters keep coming and messing with my mission I had to ask for help on this. Called a Samurai (you should know who by now) and made him clear the zone ahead of time. After a couple of hours I was able to watch Ken do his exam safely I talk to his sister to get my reward and after all the ordeal I get the wonderful reward of 1500gil. Huh!? I should have slap her right there but I did it mainly to get it over with and some fame, my advice stay clear of Marin and Ken.

3 comments:

Katsumoto said...

I first tried to do this quest about two years ago when it first released. Hard as shit, and when I found out the reward was 1.5k... {Rampage}

Mizuinu said...

How does Barbie witstand him...(sorry ti-tiri moment =B)

roccoj said...

i tried that quest too and said to hell with it and just traded cabbage to the sheep guy in selbina for fame